Thursday, 24 August 2017

Wordsmithing - Inspirations are manifold

Inspiration to word smith can come from many sources. My last word outburst was mostly inspired by feminism, politics and the current decline of the west into the middle ages.

I draw on my pagan roots and the elements when I write.

This time my ramblings are less pretty. I did not verse them in rhyme but I don't think they always have to be.

Inspiration has come from many places for this. My students, my friends, my recent tinder experience and the talks I had about this with others and even a person that inspired me to think about love again, as elusive as that might be.


This first piece I wrote for my student. A bright spark full of potential and energy and it broke my heart to see her down because of societies unrealistic beauty expectations that made this young women feel worthless because despite any achievements in her life, despite her brightness she felt worthless because she does not fit the size zero ideal.


Strength

In a world where women are still treated as objects.
Where our bodies are still scrutinized and appear to be there solely for the pleasure of others.
In a society that forces standards and expectations on us that are unachievable,
We must realise that we are UNIQUE and only have to please ourselves.

It is not always easy to stand up and swim against the tide but it is truly liberating!
We can let ourselves be washed away with the flow of the water, drowning in self loathing and worthlessness, trying to conform to absurd standards.
Or we can turn around and stand against the flood!

Facing down the oppression society lays on us!
Letting the waters wash over us untouched as they whisper their patriarchal mantras.

You are not successful enough

You are not slim enough

Your breasts are not big enough

Your skin is not light enough

You are worthless without a man by your side

Let it wash over you and laugh in its face.
Let it make you stronger as you redefine yourself.

I am a success because I am me and I am a better me every day

I am the shape I am and all of it is me

I am the shade and size I am and it is part of me like all else, I am unique

I am worthy in and of myself!

I am awesome,

I am fierce,

I am warrior women hear me roar!

I can finally see me now!

Stand against the tide and in time it will part for you as you are no longer touched by it.



Inspired by the two bright stars in my life, my sun and my moon, my ebb and flow, the two people my heart always resides with:



Always

If I tell you I miss you
I am not lonely or unhappy!
If I tell you I miss you it means
I am thinking of you
and I wish to share my life more with you.




Love unconditional

When I tell you I love you
I do not look for you to say the same
I tell you I love you, because
you are in my heart and thoughts
I tell you I love you, because
I want to let you know that you are treasured for who you are!




To my sun and moon

I miss you my love
I think of you every single day
You reside in my heart
You reside in my thoughts
So you are never far away!




Tinder inspired reflections on relationships, on patriarchal ideas of ownership and male/female interaction


No title

I don't need my partner to be my hero

I AM my own hero!

But I need one that got my back as I got theirs.




No title

Gee, learn to take a compliment!
Said no women ever to a guy after grabbing his bud in public.



My own hero

I don't need you to fight my battles
because I am the storm that uproots them all

I don't need you to be strong for me
because I am the rock that will not budge

I don't need you to protect me
because I am the tidal wave that swallows all

I don't need you to be my rage
because I am the fire that burns on

I need you to be the air that feeds the storm
so my force will be ever fierce

I need you to be the earth underneath me
so I stay steady in all to come

I need you to be the tide that moves me
so we move as one against prejudice and hate

I need you to be the fuel that feeds the fire
So my flame will never die



Garden

I am very much like a garden
with open path to tread
but try to touch the flowers planted
and they will cut you like a sword

In the centre there is a fountain
with water crystal clear
but drink from it uninvited
so potent poison it'll be

On the fountain's top perches a bird
it sings its song so sweetly
but try to catch it with your hands of greed
and the bird your eyes will peck

If you but admire the flowers
not for their beauty but their kind
their fragrance with engulf you
and leave you heady like wine

If you sit by the fountain waiting
until a cup is offered to you
you may drink your fill and be sated
as sweet nectar will flow for you

If you listen to the birds song with no expectations
and hold out your hand with patience
The bird may come and perch on you
for as long as your hand stays open.




The next few are inspired by a single person who is apparently occupying my my head and heart space. Some of it reflects feelings, others insights and discussions.


You

My soul sings out to you
although I do not know you
Can you hear the call?
The supple energies that draw you near?




Inner flame

Like Maat I weigh your heart against a feather
I weigh only that, which is you
I strip you of your outer layers
Your titles, your standing, your money, your prestige, your connections, your success and your failures

I examine your anger and hate
Your love and passions
I pierce your soul as I look into your eyes
I will draw out your vulnerabilities, your fears and anxieties.
Until there is nothing left but your essence

The flame within that never dies
This flame I take into my hands
I breath love and life into it
until it outshines the brightest star

Then I place it back inside
You do not hold onto stars or love
whether you helped unfurl it or not
but let them shine in their own right

Love is like freedom
you can not shackle or confine it.



Open

A heart appears a fragile thing
and each time it is broken
the wound takes longer yet to heal
but heal it will time and again

We wait till the scars are faded
before we allow others back in
pretending that all is mended and we are whole again
creating a picture of perfection for the whole world to see

But the scars remain regardless
so paint them in gold to flaunt
we are not perfect so why create illusions
each scar, each dent is part of us, so let us stop to pretend

If the heart is webbed with veins of gold
Try not to entomb it for that
A heart can be strong as a mountain
If you allow it to beat

Show the tears and fractures
make them your beauty marks
They show your strength and power
they are part of who you are

Now let yourself be fragile, open up that door
vulnerability and softness are nothing to be feared
a heart of steel is hard and heavy
no joy will ever touch it although it does not break

So let yourself be open
No joy comes without risk
and a soft heart my be broken
but a stone heart never lived.



No title

A picture of attraction
A word of affirmation
A voice of amiability
A thought of alignment

So near and yet so far
So familiar and yet unknown
So intimate and yet untouched
So solid and yet so fragile

What does it take to open a heart that has been broken
What does it take to establish trust where there is none
What does it take to create faith from words alone
What does it take to make them see I care



Take my hand

Pray tell me from the start
is there a chance I could win your heart?
I am open to you like a book
if you just dare to take a look.
Heart on my sleeve open and bare
letting you know how much I care

My words maybe spoken with light hearted cheek
that does not conclude they are shallow or weak
My heart may appear careless and free
but long has it been locked and I hid the key
Now I have unlocked my hearts door
and although afraid I hide no more

But however open I appear
it does not take away the fear.
I reach out my hand for you to take
the table turned a move you must make.
Until you do I will remain uncertain
always fretting you may draw the curtain.

My heart is fragile but I'm ready to give
all of me because that's how I live.
Just reach out your hand, let go of your fear
let me take you in and draw you near.
I want to engulf you with love and light
but you need to show me the way inside.

There are no guarantees for a happy ending
always there is a chance we both may need mending.
No joy comes without risk potential
but only love makes life exponential.
So take your chance and leap with me
let go of your chains, let your heart be free.


And then there are the random inspirations as always fueled by self reflection, the world at large and random thoughts and feelings



Awoken

Warrior goddess your spirit is the key
Strengthen out hearts and souls
be the fire that unites and makes us whole
Warrior goddess you have awoken in me


One

We are one people
you and me
united we must stand
and be the key


Hate & Fear

The streets run red with blood
as hearts run hot with hate
Fear and terror swallow us like the flood
The world is trembling awaiting it's fate



We are one

We are one people
and only one!

We are made of the same molecules
the same breath flows through our lungs

We are all made of blood and bone
with hearts and lungs and brains

Why is it then that outward appearance
creates in us the concept of OTHER?

We are all the same
We are but mere reflections of our divine spark

The universe made manifest
trying to figure itself out!



Rise up

Stand with your naked feed on the earth
Let fall from you your burdens and fears
Feel the heartbeat of the earth
Stomp your feet to it's drumbeat and shake out of your outer skin

Feel the wind in your hair as you dance
Let it surround you and lift you above the world of greed
Embrace the air current with heart and soul
Swirl in it's embrace and glide above the material world

Lift your hands to the sun in praise
Let it's heat burn from you all self-doubt and hate
Feel the warmth of it's fire invigorate your every cell
Be the fire and let it rise, let this be your dance of rebirth

Step into the river of liberation
Let it swallow all your emotion, all that drains you of life and love
Feel the graceful dance of ebb and flow as it sweeps you along
Rise and fall on its tide as it carries your soul to new shores

Step up for earth is your body
Rise up for air is your breath
Burn bright for fire is your spirit
Flow ever on for water is your blood


Lost

Standing at the crossroads
and the path is unclear

Standing at the crossroads
and the goal is nowhere near...

No comments:

Post a Comment