A look into my
darker days. Processing being lost, self doubt, directionlessness,
emotional turmoil, the dangers of wearing ones heart on ones sleeve.
Being strong and
serene on the outside does not mean there might not be a storm inside
that can swallow the world but also self destruct.
We all carry darkness inside us. It depends on how we deal with it on how it therefore effects us. For me writing helps with all my emotions be they, happy, angry, sad, passionate. I don't know why I stopped for so long. I guess we are taught to bottle things up to bursting. I find writing or other creative reflective processes help to put it out there, to reexamine it or sometimes to close the door on it. But at least we let it out.
We all carry darkness inside us. It depends on how we deal with it on how it therefore effects us. For me writing helps with all my emotions be they, happy, angry, sad, passionate. I don't know why I stopped for so long. I guess we are taught to bottle things up to bursting. I find writing or other creative reflective processes help to put it out there, to reexamine it or sometimes to close the door on it. But at least we let it out.
Making light:
Emotion, Connection
A heart is a fragile
thing
making light but
being torn
a mirror broken into
thousand pieces.
See the rainbow
make the world shine
Hide the chaos
close your eyes to
the rain.
Crossroads:
Sometimes tears fall
unbidden
when you think you
are strong
but unconnected
lost and wondering
you turn from side
to side
awake, alert, inside
you're stone
Crossroads shrouded
in mist
You stand still
you hold your breath
the world keeps
moving all around
In a time warp,
trapped and caged
you stand still in a
time laps world
Crossroads and the
roads are burning
Nothing real and
tangible
all transient and
opaque
Tears are not
rational
it makes no sense
Proclaim again how
fine you are
you may belief it
yet
Crossroads flooded
in tears
Examine, look inside
find nothing
just empty, hollow
ground
can't feel and can
not think
and still the heart
is heavy
and tears are
burning
Crossroads with no
way to turn
Lost:
Lost with nowhere to turn
prisoner of despair
Darkness ascending
as the light is swallowed up
Empty, desolate
Every direction the same
Reflection
Looking into your eyes in the mirror
seeing yourself reflected again and again
Infinity going deeper and deeper
in, in, in towards your soul
There a window opens
barely ajar by a fraction
What do you find?
Another mirror
Staring at yourself
naked, bare, vulnerable
What is left when all is stripped away?
When nothing is left to hide behind?
Face yourself
don't close your eyes.
Abyss:
Expecting too much
Wanting too much
Feeling too much
Tumbling into the
abyss
down, down, down
a never ending
spiral
falling,
loosing your grip
no one to throw a
line
Strength unraveled:
I am strong and vivacious
while
I am vulnerable and worried
I laugh at life and smile onto danger
while
I cry inside where no one can see
I pick myself back up and am open
while
I tremble in pain and am broken
Falling to pieces:
Nowhere to turn, nowhere to hide
the mirror shows you my true inside
Pieces of me lay scattered about
after the storm has blown itself out
The outer layers are chipped away
pain and hurt are like decay
Strength and power were an illusion
now follows the sobering conclusion
Stripped to the soul there is nothing to hide
patiently I wait to be swept off by the tide
Let go of it all for good this time
as I stop pretending to be just fine
Falling apart is nothing new
the Phoenix should have been your clue
But resurrection gets harder each time
until I don't know which pieces are mine
The Phoenix may fly on bright wings again
but the road to be mended in paved in blood and pain
Pieces of me:
Held together by invisible strings
giving the illusion of wholeness
Cut the strings or let go
and a million pieces will fall at your feet
Empty:
Writing till I'm empty
writing till there is nothing left
writing till the tears have dried
and now I'm hollow
numb to the world
all senses dulled
all thoughts gone
Now I can fall asleep
and let the sweet darkness take me in.
no title:
From darkness we are born
and into darkness we will return
Darkness:
Darkness is ascending
Like the cumulating clouds
They pile up one by one
Blotting out the sun
The world beneath now holds its breath
Frozen in place, immovable and still
Waiting until the blood runs cold in my veins
Waiting as the heartbeat slows to a stop
Time slows to a standstill
No tick, no tock just silence
Slowly the darkness engulfs me
Taking my senses away
No sound, no smell
No touch, no taste
No sight, no thought
I am nothing now
and everything
melting into the darkness
I let go
and I am gone
Drowning in nothing
Heart full of empty
pressing painfully against its walls
Feeling of busting, splitting open
tumbling out nothing but hollowness
Drowning in air unable to breath
lungs full and heavy with nothing inside
compressed agonizingly like a burden on your chest
crushing ever down till it deflates and caves
Eyes stare out through invisible bars
seeing past them but taking nothing in
just gazing into the distance unfocused
silent screams behind each blink
The mind keeps busy, ever working
taking in stories that do not count
Just thinking thoughts of nothing
as they blur and fade desolation sets in.
Mistake:
An open heart just invites pain
hurt might be inflicted without intent
but it stings all the same
Heart on your sleeve:
To carry your heart on your sleeve
makes you vulnerable you fool
you bubble nonsense making light
magic the world into everything bright
untouchable
uncaring
caution to the wind
strong as the raging storm
yet fragile as the heart lays open
a book with its pages torn
let it bleed dry that shriveled little heart
maybe then if you carry it on your sleeve
it will no longer matter
Close your heart:
Close the door to
your heart
Lock it up
and throw away the
key
No beat
No throb
No softness
Hard and heavy
but
save and still
Let it be buried for
all times
it is easier that
way
A heart of flesh:
My heart was steel now it is real
soft and red and raw
A spear has struck its core
with each breath anew the pain I feel
Push it through or pull it out
The tear will burn and hurt like fire
there is no good way to go about
that is the price you pay for desire
The wound will bleed and seep and weep
healing a broken heart takes time
while the pain is fresh dull it with sleep
until one day you'll be just fine
To love or not to
love:
To love is an easy
thing
So love a lot and
freely
However to offer
your heart is not
Raw, red and pulsing
on your outstretched
hand it lies
you offer it up to
the market
to be prodded and
tasted and teased
is it worth it?
The pain and
humiliation?
Fool for love:
Fool I am
For I do not jump I
leap
Not from a wall but
right off a cliff
I should have
learned by now
but a romantic fool
I ever be
and tumble
tumble ever down…
maybe one day you
catch me
The Road:
On the road again
The path is shrouded
in mist
I can not see the
road
I stumble and fall
Picking myself up
again
Continue on, keep
going
I take a step and
then another
not knowing where it
leads
Each step could take
me to the abyss
and yet I stumble on
Lost, alone and
frightened
Will this road
crumble beneath me to dust?
I wish there was
sunshine to part the mist
to see the road
unfold
To avoid the boulders and rugged paths
the dead ends and
blocked ways
Even just a light to
guide me
to keep my footfall
save
But sound and light
are swallowed
as the mist unfurls
around me
Will I forever
wonder
without a goal or
end?
But what else can I
do?
So I walk on until
the end...
Kali's encouragement:
Some days Kali is
not the one you want to be be chosen by
When you fall and
stumble
she does not reach
out to embrace you or lend a hand
she smirks at you
the corner of her
mouth turns to a snarl
“Don't look at me!
Pick yourself back up women.”
she will say
“How do you expect
to grow strong if you can't even do that?”
She will loom over
you fierce and forbidding
“Be your own hero!
Roar into the face of death and danger!”
Instead of lending
me her hand she'll kick me with her naked foot
“Until you return
to the wheel of rebirth, so long as there is breath in your current
shell, get up and live! Don't waste my time with your weakness!”
Ah a loving
patroness she is
She stands and
watches emotionless
as I slowly rise
onto all fours
my spine bruised,
my knees chafed,
my hands bleeding,
my muscles aching.
And yet her presence
alone give me strength
My trust in her is
boundless
Does she lead me on
my path?
No that is not her
way
Silently she watches
my decisions
watches me rise and
fall time and again
It is my life
and I must find my
way alone
Regardless of my
choices she will remain beside me
and that is all I
can ask
And when she does
grant me a boon it comes at a price
as she does not give
advise
Alas this is my lady
hash as it may sound
I am hers and that
is it.
No comments:
Post a Comment