Monday, 13 November 2017

Wordsmithing - inspired by nature

Random pieces inspired mostly by nature and the fire within


Shells at the beach

They look whole at first sight
so perfect and right
Then you turn them about
and sand tumbles out

Just a fragment of shell
gone through all kinds of hell

Tumbled about in the ocean
thrown by the sea to the shore
Roughened and broken on rock and cliff
with wind and tide they sink into the sand

And yet in themselves
more unique and more whole

As stark edges are smoothed by sand and time
the surface is polished to a shine
The shell maybe broken
the inside lies bare

Fragments of a whole
but they miss not a thing

Beauty they show each way they are turned
there is a lesson to be learned
All things can break
and they may never be whole

But broken is neither wasted nor done
New forms are created from the old

With fragments and pieces that have stories to tell
They journeyed a path where they stumbled and fell
But by the end of the path they stand once more tall
Ready to answer the next ventures call

Beauty does not care for perfection
Beauty does not need to be a single piece



Waves

The waves are crashing against the shore
speaking of forgotten lore
The sun shines hot on stone and sand
merging in harmony with the land

The wind caresses leaves and tree
Reminding all of us that we are free
Sitting amongst them quiet and still
Let your soul dangle, relax and chill.



Firestorm

I am a firestorm
I sweep through the land
Burning all in my path to ash
Join your flame to mine
or be swept away in my wake



Flame of creation

I am the living flame of creation
My fire never burns out
Join and rise with me
as we awaken the world!



Eternal flame

Eternal is the flame of creation
burning bright in us ALL
Let it fill you and make you whole
embrace the fire and rise with it
Let yourself be lifted high
Spread your wings and fly



Take my hand

Take my hand
for good or bad
Leap of the cliff with no regrets
Find your spark
spread your wings
Fly
as your soul sores high



Take – Touch – Give

I will take your breath
with my lips
I will take your thoughts
with my touch
I will take your heart
with mine



Your elements I’ll be

I will be the earth
that holds you save
I will be the air
that lets you breath
I will be the fire
that warms your heart
I will be the water
that rests your mind

Like the earth I wrap you in my arms
giving you strength to draw from
Like the air I fill your lungs
letting you breath in life itself
Like fire I light the path
showing you the way in the dark
Like water I wash away your burdens
restoring to you peace of mind



Moon goddess

High above the clouds I float
The moon in its full radiance
shines its light on me through the window
The goddess is watching
Bight, eternal, steady
she is shining
her brilliant light on me
Ancient yet ever changing
she radiates her power

Oh beauty of night
I bask in your light



Clouds to City

I’ve flown so many times that the night sky beauty often passes me by
As we ride above the clouds
they roll underneath us like the ocean weaves
Like a ship we glide through this sea of darkness
The moon our only lantern
No star to be seen in the sky
Clouds and night sky melt seamlessly into each other
An vast ocean of quiet
The soft clouds just barely visible
as they unfold underneath us
The horizon just an endless stretch of night
Black midnight perfection
A velvet carpet of soft peaks
Then the cover breaks
Light comes through
Like gleaming veins running across the country
The pulse of humanity in stark brightness
as we decent towards the city
The wings stroke along the clouds a final time
Taking a deep breath as we break through
emerging from the all encompassing darkness
to the light and noise of the world



No comments:

Post a Comment